Guide for Obtaining a Domicile
The domicile certificate was introduced in 1951 to register Pakistani citizens, according to the Daily Express, a Karachi-based daily (26 Apr. 2012). A domicile certification is issued for admission to state colleges (Academic 5 Dec. 2012; The Express Tribune 26 Apr. 2012), school systems universities (Academic 5 Dec. 2012), and government jobs, according to authorities (The Express Tribune 26 Apr. 2012). A residence certificate also is necessary for admittance to higher education institutions, according to other sources BBC 7 June 2012; University of Engineering and Technology 2012.
Federal Government could grant a certificate of domicile to every authority in connection with whom it is satisfied that he may have ordinarily resided in Pakistan for a period of just not less than one year leading up to the making of the application but has acquired a domicile within it onto an application being made to it in the specified format and containing the read the instructions. (Section 17 of Pakistan’s 1951 Constitution).
Obtaining a Certificate of Domicile (Certificate of Residence)
A certificate of residence can indeed be granted by the federal or provincial government, or any district magistrate authorized by the provincial government, as per the Pakistan Citizenship Rules, 1952. Pakistan 1952, Sec. 23. So according to Pakistan’s Citizenship Rules.
- An application for a certificate of domicile should be made in duplicate in Form P, and must be preceded by an affidavit affirming the truth of the statements made in it, and that the applicant still hadn’t migrated to India after March 1, 1947, or even that, having done as such, had brought back to Pakistan under a permit for relocation or permanent return issuance via an officer auth.
- Any authority with whom an application is viewed has the right to require whatever evidence it deems essential to fulfill itself that the facts presented in the application are accurate and also that the applicant has also been continuously citizen in Pakistan for at least yet another year and intends to live there permanently in Pakistan.
According to sources, when applying for a job
According to sources, an applicant needs to provide the following information when applying for a certificate of domicile, his or her name; parent’s name; place of residence in Pakistan; previous address from outside Pakistan; date of arrival at the place of domicile; marital status; the name of spouse; names of children and one’s ages; barter or occupation; and identifying marks. The above information is included in a certificate of domicile obtained from the police website in the town of Jhelum in Punjab Province, and also the individual’s portrait in the lower right-hand corner of the certificate.
What is a Domicile Certificate?
In general, a state government issues a domicile certificate or a residence certificate to verify that now the individual who possesses the certificate is a resident of the state or union territory stated on the document. A woman who was not born in a Union territory but is married to a man who is a legal citizen of that State or Union Territory or is qualified for a State’s or Union Territory’s Domicile Certificate also is able to qualify for one.
A domicile certificate is a certificate that allows people to obtain numerous benefits such as education, employment, as well as other benefits. Resident Quotas inside the Public Service and educational institutions, and also jobs where area residents are preferred.
How to apply for a domicile in Islamabad?
Per the official government website of the Islamabad Capital Territory, anybody who has lived in Islamabad for a year or longer is able to qualify for an Islamabad domicile. Unless they already hold a domicile from some other city, they must have the existing document annulled while applying for just a fresh one. The following is a list of documents needed to obtain a Certificate of Domicile in Islamabad.
Applicants above the age of 21 should submit the following information
- Proof of profession or trade
- two pictures (passport size)
- A photocopy of the applicant’s CNIC is required.
- A copy of a father’s or husband’s CNIC is necessary.
- one rental agreement from the beginning (electricity, gas, or telephone)
- A copy of proof of address in Islamabad, such as a lease agreement or an allotment letter
- If you do have children, a copy of Form-B is needed.
- In the case of government workers, a letter of permission from the department is required.
- a photocopy of your SSC or matriculation certificates
- A copy of a Marriage Registration Certificate in the case of married people.
- A NOC from the native district is required if you have a dual address on your CNIC.
Applicants under the age of 21 must complete the following steps
- 2 photos of passport size
- A photocopy of the applicant’s CNIC or Along card is required.
- A copy of the mother’s or father’s CNIC is necessary.
- 1 copy of a parent(s)’ Domicile Certificate, upon which the applicant’s name appears
- A photocopy of your SSC or Matric certificate, as well as evidence of your trade or occupation
The Application Process For Domicile In Islamabad
The following is a step-by-step guide to applying for Domicile in the capital city.
- Send a PKR 200 challan to the National Bank of Pakistan’s F-8 Markaz branch or the State Bank of Pakistan’s C-03806 District Magistrate Islamabad account.
- Bring your challan receipt, application form for domicile document, as well as other necessary documents to a Citizen Facilitation Centre in Islamabad.
- Wait for your round by taking a token from the counter.
- Pay the processing fee of PKR 500 at the desk whenever you come in for data entry.
- Your e-receipt will be emailed to you.
- Pick up your Domicile Certificate at the Citizen Facilitation Centre mostly on an e-receipt date.
It is important to mention that when applying for a Domicile in Islamabad, the applicant must appear in person with his or her authentic documentation.
The following are the contact details for the Citizen Facilitation Centre in Islamabad
- Address: G-11/4, Islamabad, ICT Administration Complex
- Phone: 051-9108194
- Submission Timings: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday | 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday
- Delivery Timings: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday | 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday
- Processing Time: 7 days
- Total Fee: (Challan + Processing Fee) PKR 700
How To Apply For Domicile In Lahore?
Those interested in obtaining a Domicile in Lahore should go to the provincial government’s e-Khidmat Markaz.
Documents Required In Lahore For A Domicile Certificate
Let’s have a look just at the documents required to achieve a Lahore Domicile.
- Forms P and P1, duly completed and signed by the applicant
- The affidavit submitted by the applicant and certified by Oath Commissioner on PKR 50 stamp paper (Optional)
- Two passport-size photos with such a white backdrop are needed.
- CNIC or B-form documentation of the applicant
- Bank receipt with such a copy of the father’s or husband’s CNIC AC Verification Form, that might or might not be certified.
- At least one of the Entitlement Documents listed below will be required.
- Documents proving ownership of property Fard, ownership paperwork, or a housing registry, for instance.
- Electricity, gas, and phone bills
- Certification of residency (rental agreement)
- Documents Academic Disciplines (Matriculation or above certificate)
- The applicant’s vote is registered on the voter list of the UC.
The Domicile Application Process In Lahore
- Have a challan form from the e-Khidmat Markaz or the nearest National Bank of Pakistan branch.
- Pay the PKR 200 challan
- Collect the required Domicile request form from e-Khidmat Markaz. You can also obtain it ahead of schedule from the e-Khidmat Markaz official government site.
- Fill out all the Domicile Application Forms and link them with your other documents.
- Once you’ve appropriately diagnosed your documents and applicant, you’ll send an automated.
- Enter your tracking ID on the e-Khidmat Markaz website to track your application. You could also use their SMS Gateway by sending your application ID to 9100, calling their toll-free line, or installing their mobile app.
- Get your Certificate of Domicile (Certificate of Residence).
To apply for just a Domicile in Lahore, the applicant has to go to the center in person.
The following is the list of the e-Khidmat Markaz in Lahore.
- Lower Mall, Anarkali, Lahore; Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (T
- 042-99214572 is the phone number to call.
- 0800-09100 is a toll-free number.
- Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lunch Break: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on all days except Friday | 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Friday
- PKR 200 (total fee)
- 16-day processing time
In Karachi, the procedure for obtaining a domicile and a PRC is as follows:
But if you’re a Karachi resident who requires a domicile and PRC (Permanent Residential Certificate) for educational or employment purposes, deliver the following documents to the Deputy Director’s Office in your district.
Karachi’s Domicile and PRC Requirements
- Unattested five (5x) pictures (passport size)
- CNIC (original and copy) – Attested (for those under the age of 18 years, submit a copy of Form -B).
- Verified copies of all academic transcripts back to the modern year
- Applicants under the age of 21 must provide copies of their CNIC and their father’s address.
- In the case of the government employee, a copy of their employment certificate which has been attested is required.
- Attested proof of residence (electric or gas bill, if on rent copy of rent agreement)
- For married males or females, a copy of their spouse’s CNIC, copies of their children’s identity documents, or Form B – Attested
In Karachi, how to go with Domicile and PRC
- At National Bank, D.C. Office Branch, pay a charge challan of Rs. 200/-.
- Place just one stamp on every copy.
- Before submitting applications for domicile, have it attested by an Oath Commissioner.
- If necessary, the head of the department can demand anyone else document as proof.
- Domicile and PRC Instructions in Karachi
- You must bring your original documents and a set of photocopies with you.
- Domicile business hours are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- In the case of applying for domicile and PRC, the applicant’s CNIC must have an address in the same Karachi district.
Stay tuned to Feeta Blog to learn more about architecture, Lifestyle and Interior Design.
A Complete Guide to Rawalpindi Passport Offices
Guide for passport
Pakistan’s government has made passport services more accessible to its people, who now can apply for a new passport or extend an existing one at any passport office in their region. In the very same vein, we’ve put together this guide that assists our researchers in identifying passport offices in Rawalpindi. We have decreased the legwork for everyone interested in applying for a passport in Rawalpindi, similarly to our past articles on passport offices in Lahore, Islamabad, and Karachi, where we listed the location, timing, guidelines, method, fees, as well as other important information.
Rawalpindi Passport Office Locations
Pakistan’s Directorate General Immigration and Passport have offices in both Rawalpindi and Islamabad. Below is the location of the Rawalpindi passport office Named Rawalpindi Regional Passport Office Address: Regional Passport Headquarters, Opposite Railway, Gunjmandi More, Railway Workshops Road, Near Bakery Chowk Rawalpindi
051-9237253 is the contact information for the Rawalpindi passport office.
Rawalpindi’s Executive Passport Office
If you’re searching for executive passport offices in Rawalpindi, just use the following address and phone number and get in touch, Rawalpindi’s Executive Passport Office is situated on Murree Road near Rehmanabad.
Passport Office Timings in Rawalpindi
On public holidays and weekends [including Saturdays and Sundays], the passport offices in Rawalpindi are closed, while Friday is a half-day. However, on business days, the offices still are open as usual. You may visit them at the following times if you’d like to apply for a passport.
From 9 to 14:00, Mondays through Thursdays
Friday: 9 a.m. till 12:30 p.m.
These times are liable to change based on orders from the Directorate General of Immigration and Passports. On some days, some offices remain open 24 hours a day. For more info, call the phone numbers listed above [in the location section] to call your nearest passport office.
For a new passport
Every citizen of Pakistan is entitled to a Machine Readable Passport for traveling abroad, subject to completion of all allow the user to select formalities, according to the Directorate General of Immigration and Passport.
Ordinary citizens, on the other hand, are subject to reasonable limitations, with a few exemptions for government individuals and families, as well as military personnel and their families. If you [or even a member of your family] are seeking a passport in Rawalpindi, you must know which office to visit and also what procedures to expect. Let’s just get started.
- You have to go to the Regional Passport Office in Rawalpindi if you’ve never applied for a passport before.
- Any of Pakistan’s Regional Passport Offices may extend your passport. You can obtain your passport at such a Karachi office, irrespective of whether you live in Rawalpindi. You should, however, submit a 17th-grade officer’s approval of your complete addresses [permanent and temporary]. Below the authorization stamp, don’t forget and included your CNIC and phone numbers.
- Members of Congress, army troops, and private and non-employees are all entitled to certain privileges under the legislation. As a reason, they, together with their close family members, such as spouses, children, and parents, can apply for a visa regardless of region.
Passport Application Documents And Procedures In Rawalpindi
As per the Passport Act of 1974, Pakistan has three categories of passports: Regular Passport, Diplomatic Passport, and Official Passport. Let’s take a closer look at Pakistan’s documentation and passport application procedure.
Documents Required for Passport Applications
If you want to apply for a Pakistani passport in Rawalpindi, here are all the documents you’ll require.
- If you are over the age of 18, you must bring the following documentation to the office.
- 2 CNIC or NICOP photocopies
- If you’re just a government employee, you’ll need to have a No-Objection Certificate (NOC).
- The fee deposit has been collected by the bank.
- In the case of dual nationality, a foreign passport and a photocopy of that are necessary.
- CNIC or NICOP original
The following are the documents needed to apply for a passport in Pakistan if you are under the age of 18.
- 2 NADRA photocopies of birth certificate
- 2 photocopies of the parents’ CNICs and the fee deposit bank receipt
- Foreign passport (original and photocopy) [for dual citizens]
- NADRA’s Computerised Registration Certificate (CRC).
For Passport Renewal
If you want to renew your existing passport, you’ll need to have the following documents.
- The renewal fee deposit has been received by the bank.
- An old passport and a photocopy of it
- CNIC in its original form (for adults)
- CRC in its original form (for minors)
Passport Application In Rawalpindi: A Step-by-step Guide
As previously said, Pakistan has three types of passports: Ordinary Passport, Diplomatic Passport, and Official Passport. Nevertheless, the following is the reference implementation procedure.
- Submit the passport fee at the National Bank Counter. Make absolutely sure you get a duplicate of the submitted evidence. Afterward, when, go to the Customer Service Desk and acquire a Pakistani passport application form. Before moving on to the next step, you first must complete the form.
Make sure you have such a pen on you at all times. Also, keep in mind that regional passport offices are separated into units based on localities. As a result, you have to go to the district window that matches your CNIC.
- When you’ve found your district window, the actual passport application process can begin. A photo would be taken and a unique token number would be issued.
- Keep your token to you at all times and wait patiently for your turn. Rawalpindi’s passport offices everyone has to wait for spaces. Go to the proper counter wherever your token number appears.
- Your fingerprints will now be taken at the counter. This will make it much easier for the officer to get your NADRA data.
- You will be prompted to enter or double-check your bio-data into the system, which includes your full name, date of birth, residence, occupation, and other information.
It’s a great idea to double-check your name, address, and other information submitted into the system. Whether there are any mistakes, have them addressed by the officer to avoid problems while applying for a visa later. Individuals seeking immigration and student visas should double-check spellings on official documents including mark sheets, CNICs, and other official documents.
- All details will be cross-checked against existing records in the Exit Control List (ECL) and Black List (BL).
- If you pass the above-mentioned step, you would be contacted by the Assistant Director of a Regional Passport Office and for the final interview. After that, the director will give you a receipt with your passport tracking number and delivery schedule.
Collection Process For Passports
When you’ve completed the passport application process, you’ll be able to travel. You’ll have to wait for the treatment to be finished, which could take up to 15 days. You will be given a receipt with a passport tracking number and delivery date for the passport during your appointment with the Assistant Director of the Regional Passport Office. You’ll just have to pick
up your passport from the same place.
- Go to the Passport Collection Counter at the passport office. Make sure you’ve come on time and then have the receipt you received from the assistant director.
- Present your data to the officer at the counter, but instead, take your passport.
If you wouldn’t want to deal with the hassle of going to the passport office, you will have your passport delivered right to your home. You should, however, clarify it during the application process, and you’ll be charged an extra charge for this extra service.
Meanwhile, check out our recent post on the passport application process in Pakistan, as well as much other important information regarding online passport applications.
In Rawalpindi, Charges And Fee Structure For Different Passport Applications
Charges For A Passport That Is Valid For 5 Years
Category of Passport Pages in Passport Charges in PKR
Normal 36 3,000
Urgent 36 5,000
Normal 72 5,500
Urgent 72 9,000
Normal 100 6,000
Urgent 100 12,000
Charges For A Passport That Is Valid For 10 Years
Category of Passport Pages in Passport Charges in PKR
Normal 36 5,400
Urgent 36 9,000
Normal 72 9,000
Urgent 72 16,200
Normal 100 10,800
Urgent 100 21,600
So, that’s where we talk about the primary issue of our article. This study described the passport application process in Pakistan and also the locations of passport offices in Rawalpindi. All of the material in between has now been mentioned. Alternatively, if you’re planning a vacation abroad, check read our travel guides for Egypt, Turkey, and Azerbaijan. Stay tuned to Feeta Blog – Pakistan’s best Property portal – for more informative posts. Get our articles sent to your email. Try typing your email address into the box on the right side of your page and press the down arrow. Also, check to visit our latest recent piece, which covers all you need to know about Pakistani passport offices.
Homeless Man Gets To Live In A 3D-Printed Tiny Home
70-year-old Tim Shea has progressed a lot since his time as a homeless heroin addict. In what looks like a 180-life transformation, in September, he moved to the outskirts of Austin to live in a 400-square-foot home built by a 3D printer from the company’s Icon.
“I could never have imagined where I came from that I would ever have this beautiful apartment,” Tim told the press recently and called his new home a “miracle”. Before living to live in the Community First! A village, a 51-acre site that houses 500 homes for the chronically homeless, Tim lived in a camper van.
Icon 3D homes printed with a Vulcan II printer have one bedroom, one bathroom, a full kitchen, a living room and a large porch, and give hope to many people with no place to call home. The company’s CEO Jason Ballard said their mission was to “make decent housing accessible to everyone, everywhere” and with Tim being the first proud resident of the 3D house, the future looks brighter than ever.
Formerly homeless man 70-year-old Tim Shea transformed his life when he became the first resident of a 3D printed house in a community in Austin, Texas, in September
Prior to this new permanent 3D home, Tim lived in the community in an RV. Previously, he struggled with drug addiction and like many seniors in the United States, was unable to maintain affordable housing.
Tim’s 400-square-foot 3D house was built with a Vulcan II 3D printer by the company ICON, which specializes in advanced construction technologies.
In an interview with NY Poster, Tim said his previous lifestyle made him hide from the world. “I think from my personal experience of my previous way of life that I developed a shell. I didn’t feel safe, and whenever I had the chance, I would hide or isolate myself. I never really wanted to interact with people. “
Tim is said to be the first occupant of one of the 3D printed house
But after moving into her new home in September, at the Community First! In the village, he had his life completely changed. “Everything I do is quite the opposite, and I have a lot of activities every day with others,” he said.
The house is located at Community First! A village is known for its high-level vision of homeless housing
At first, Tim couldn’t believe he would be the first person living in a 3D printed house like this. “When I found out I was going to be the first person in the United States to move to a 3D-printed home, I thought it was pretty awesome. The people I used to run away from, I run. If you’ve been on both sides of the fence, you know some people just need a little bit of encouragement and support, ”he said. NY Poster.
After moving to a beautiful 3D house, Tim’s life changed drastically
Tim’s 3D house is located in the Community First! A village that helped homeless people with shelter, community and support. Alan Graham, a real estate developer and founder of the village as well as the project called Mobile Phones & Fish, is helping others find a place to call home over the past two decades.
ICON has so far developed six different 3D homes, all with different layouts
According to Graham, “Home is essentially a place of connection and of life-giving and basic relationships.” His goal is to “make everyone feel at home, ultimately inviting those who live along the edge of society, into your heart.”
Tim says “it’s just a miracle to me that I live there in such a beautiful house”
Tim’s 3D printed home isn’t the only one in town. ICON has built 6 3D homes, all with different layouts for different needs to shelter the homeless on the site. Tim chose an open floor layout because he has arthritis.
His 3D house has one bedroom, one bathroom, full kitchen, living room and porch
The project was made possible by an ongoing partnership between ICON, the construction technology company, and Austin’s nonprofit Mobile Loaves & Fishes.
Alan Graham, the founder and CEO of Mobile Loaves & Fishes, commented on the project: “Vulnerable populations like the homeless are never among the first to access new things, but now here in Austin, Texas, they are among the first in line, who will live in some of the most unique homes ever built – and we think that’s a beautiful thing. “
To find out more about this amazing project, Bored Panda contacted Brooke Bauguess, vice president of Communications and Public Affairs at ICON. ICON is an Austin-based construction technology company using 3D robotics, programs and advanced materials to change the paradigm of home building.
ICON believes that “3D printing will be the preferred method of homebuilding in the future and tends to be a pioneer of the technology that has the potential to end homelessness,” Brooke told us.
“The United States needs 3.3 million homes a year and is currently building 1.3 million. 3D printing construction can help deliver robust, sustainable, decent housing across the United States and the world. “
Tim, who overcame drug addiction, chose an open floor plan because of arthritis
ICON has delivered two dozen 3D-printed homes across Mexico and the United States, including social housing projects with nonprofit organizations, major housing developments with developers and more.
The ICON printer is controlled by a tablet remotely and takes a crew of four to six people to build a house
“We appreciate the opportunity to see our technology deliver homes for those in need in Mexico and serve those who have experienced homelessness in central Texas,” Brooke said and continued, “Tim Shea in particular is the first person to ever live in an ICON 3D printed home. We worked closely to design and select furniture in this project in particular and are thrilled to see him thrive in his new home. “
A special concrete formula was used for the project and applied by a 3D printer, which is basically just a concrete nozzle at the end of a giant robot arm.
“ICON at its heart is an innovation for a better future,” said Jason Ballard, co-founder and CEO of ICON. We will have to risk some if we want a better world for ourselves, and the team at Mobile Loaves & Fishes shares a similar vision in their efforts to empower the community around them in a lifestyle of service to the homeless. We need a radical rethinking of the way we approach solving troubling problems in our society such as homelessness. Ultimately, this is about people and about human dignity. “
Many people praised the project and its ability to help those in need.
Watch this space for more information on that. Stay tuned to Feeta Blog for the latest updates about Architrcture, Lifestyle and Interior Design.