Guide for Obtaining a Domicile
The domicile certificate was introduced in 1951 to register Pakistani citizens, according to the Daily Express, a Karachi-based daily (26 Apr. 2012). A domicile certification is issued for admission to state colleges (Academic 5 Dec. 2012; The Express Tribune 26 Apr. 2012), school systems universities (Academic 5 Dec. 2012), and government jobs, according to authorities (The Express Tribune 26 Apr. 2012). A residence certificate also is necessary for admittance to higher education institutions, according to other sources BBC 7 June 2012; University of Engineering and Technology 2012.
Federal Government could grant a certificate of domicile to every authority in connection with whom it is satisfied that he may have ordinarily resided in Pakistan for a period of just not less than one year leading up to the making of the application but has acquired a domicile within it onto an application being made to it in the specified format and containing the read the instructions. (Section 17 of Pakistan’s 1951 Constitution).
Obtaining a Certificate of Domicile (Certificate of Residence)
A certificate of residence can indeed be granted by the federal or provincial government, or any district magistrate authorized by the provincial government, as per the Pakistan Citizenship Rules, 1952. Pakistan 1952, Sec. 23. So according to Pakistan’s Citizenship Rules.
- An application for a certificate of domicile should be made in duplicate in Form P, and must be preceded by an affidavit affirming the truth of the statements made in it, and that the applicant still hadn’t migrated to India after March 1, 1947, or even that, having done as such, had brought back to Pakistan under a permit for relocation or permanent return issuance via an officer auth.
- Any authority with whom an application is viewed has the right to require whatever evidence it deems essential to fulfill itself that the facts presented in the application are accurate and also that the applicant has also been continuously citizen in Pakistan for at least yet another year and intends to live there permanently in Pakistan.
According to sources, when applying for a job
According to sources, an applicant needs to provide the following information when applying for a certificate of domicile, his or her name; parent’s name; place of residence in Pakistan; previous address from outside Pakistan; date of arrival at the place of domicile; marital status; the name of spouse; names of children and one’s ages; barter or occupation; and identifying marks. The above information is included in a certificate of domicile obtained from the police website in the town of Jhelum in Punjab Province, and also the individual’s portrait in the lower right-hand corner of the certificate.
What is a Domicile Certificate?
In general, a state government issues a domicile certificate or a residence certificate to verify that now the individual who possesses the certificate is a resident of the state or union territory stated on the document. A woman who was not born in a Union territory but is married to a man who is a legal citizen of that State or Union Territory or is qualified for a State’s or Union Territory’s Domicile Certificate also is able to qualify for one.
A domicile certificate is a certificate that allows people to obtain numerous benefits such as education, employment, as well as other benefits. Resident Quotas inside the Public Service and educational institutions, and also jobs where area residents are preferred.
How to apply for a domicile in Islamabad?
Per the official government website of the Islamabad Capital Territory, anybody who has lived in Islamabad for a year or longer is able to qualify for an Islamabad domicile. Unless they already hold a domicile from some other city, they must have the existing document annulled while applying for just a fresh one. The following is a list of documents needed to obtain a Certificate of Domicile in Islamabad.
Applicants above the age of 21 should submit the following information
- Proof of profession or trade
- two pictures (passport size)
- A photocopy of the applicant’s CNIC is required.
- A copy of a father’s or husband’s CNIC is necessary.
- one rental agreement from the beginning (electricity, gas, or telephone)
- A copy of proof of address in Islamabad, such as a lease agreement or an allotment letter
- If you do have children, a copy of Form-B is needed.
- In the case of government workers, a letter of permission from the department is required.
- a photocopy of your SSC or matriculation certificates
- A copy of a Marriage Registration Certificate in the case of married people.
- A NOC from the native district is required if you have a dual address on your CNIC.
Applicants under the age of 21 must complete the following steps
- 2 photos of passport size
- A photocopy of the applicant’s CNIC or Along card is required.
- A copy of the mother’s or father’s CNIC is necessary.
- 1 copy of a parent(s)’ Domicile Certificate, upon which the applicant’s name appears
- A photocopy of your SSC or Matric certificate, as well as evidence of your trade or occupation
The Application Process For Domicile In Islamabad
The following is a step-by-step guide to applying for Domicile in the capital city.
- Send a PKR 200 challan to the National Bank of Pakistan’s F-8 Markaz branch or the State Bank of Pakistan’s C-03806 District Magistrate Islamabad account.
- Bring your challan receipt, application form for domicile document, as well as other necessary documents to a Citizen Facilitation Centre in Islamabad.
- Wait for your round by taking a token from the counter.
- Pay the processing fee of PKR 500 at the desk whenever you come in for data entry.
- Your e-receipt will be emailed to you.
- Pick up your Domicile Certificate at the Citizen Facilitation Centre mostly on an e-receipt date.
It is important to mention that when applying for a Domicile in Islamabad, the applicant must appear in person with his or her authentic documentation.
The following are the contact details for the Citizen Facilitation Centre in Islamabad
- Address: G-11/4, Islamabad, ICT Administration Complex
- Phone: 051-9108194
- Submission Timings: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday | 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday
- Delivery Timings: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday | 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday
- Processing Time: 7 days
- Total Fee: (Challan + Processing Fee) PKR 700
How To Apply For Domicile In Lahore?
Those interested in obtaining a Domicile in Lahore should go to the provincial government’s e-Khidmat Markaz.
Documents Required In Lahore For A Domicile Certificate
Let’s have a look just at the documents required to achieve a Lahore Domicile.
- Forms P and P1, duly completed and signed by the applicant
- The affidavit submitted by the applicant and certified by Oath Commissioner on PKR 50 stamp paper (Optional)
- Two passport-size photos with such a white backdrop are needed.
- CNIC or B-form documentation of the applicant
- Bank receipt with such a copy of the father’s or husband’s CNIC AC Verification Form, that might or might not be certified.
- At least one of the Entitlement Documents listed below will be required.
- Documents proving ownership of property Fard, ownership paperwork, or a housing registry, for instance.
- Electricity, gas, and phone bills
- Certification of residency (rental agreement)
- Documents Academic Disciplines (Matriculation or above certificate)
- The applicant’s vote is registered on the voter list of the UC.
The Domicile Application Process In Lahore
- Have a challan form from the e-Khidmat Markaz or the nearest National Bank of Pakistan branch.
- Pay the PKR 200 challan
- Collect the required Domicile request form from e-Khidmat Markaz. You can also obtain it ahead of schedule from the e-Khidmat Markaz official government site.
- Fill out all the Domicile Application Forms and link them with your other documents.
- Once you’ve appropriately diagnosed your documents and applicant, you’ll send an automated.
- Enter your tracking ID on the e-Khidmat Markaz website to track your application. You could also use their SMS Gateway by sending your application ID to 9100, calling their toll-free line, or installing their mobile app.
- Get your Certificate of Domicile (Certificate of Residence).
To apply for just a Domicile in Lahore, the applicant has to go to the center in person.
The following is the list of the e-Khidmat Markaz in Lahore.
- Lower Mall, Anarkali, Lahore; Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (T
- 042-99214572 is the phone number to call.
- 0800-09100 is a toll-free number.
- Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lunch Break: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on all days except Friday | 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Friday
- PKR 200 (total fee)
- 16-day processing time
In Karachi, the procedure for obtaining a domicile and a PRC is as follows:
But if you’re a Karachi resident who requires a domicile and PRC (Permanent Residential Certificate) for educational or employment purposes, deliver the following documents to the Deputy Director’s Office in your district.
Karachi’s Domicile and PRC Requirements
- Unattested five (5x) pictures (passport size)
- CNIC (original and copy) – Attested (for those under the age of 18 years, submit a copy of Form -B).
- Verified copies of all academic transcripts back to the modern year
- Applicants under the age of 21 must provide copies of their CNIC and their father’s address.
- In the case of the government employee, a copy of their employment certificate which has been attested is required.
- Attested proof of residence (electric or gas bill, if on rent copy of rent agreement)
- For married males or females, a copy of their spouse’s CNIC, copies of their children’s identity documents, or Form B – Attested
In Karachi, how to go with Domicile and PRC
- At National Bank, D.C. Office Branch, pay a charge challan of Rs. 200/-.
- Place just one stamp on every copy.
- Before submitting applications for domicile, have it attested by an Oath Commissioner.
- If necessary, the head of the department can demand anyone else document as proof.
- Domicile and PRC Instructions in Karachi
- You must bring your original documents and a set of photocopies with you.
- Domicile business hours are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- In the case of applying for domicile and PRC, the applicant’s CNIC must have an address in the same Karachi district.
Stay tuned to Feeta Blog to learn more about architecture, Lifestyle and Interior Design.
A Man Built His Dream House Using 4 Shipping Containers For $150,000
Hello again from Australia, which is the most beautiful structures made with shipping containers. On our tour today, we’ll talk about the Jake Richards container house built in South Coast, New South Wales, Australia.
4 x 40 ′ High Cube shipping container was used in the construction of the container house. The house, which has a usable area of 130 m2, lasted 3 years.
The cost of the house is about $ 150,000.
The architecture of the house is projected with two containers on the ground floor and two on the upper floor. Containers on the top are stacked about 2m behind. Thus a beautiful balcony was obtained in the front of the house. Dark colors dominate the overall design of the house. Black details dominate at the windows. A layer of milkwood is preferred outside the house. The thinness of the wooden cladding and its placement horizontally gave the house a beautiful view. Congratulations to Jake Richards for this beautiful container house which he completed in 3 years on his own.
If you’re interested in container houses, “traditional architecture” will appeal less to you. With containers, you can be modern-looking, vintage-looking, or whatever you can imagine. Container houses can be as simple as a single cargo unit with doors and windows or can be enlarged with several containers for a larger area. You have hundreds of options with shipping containers. You can create multi-storey container houses, put them on wheels, add porches, glazed everywhere, or whatever matches your unique style with a container house!
Nowadays, especially in the last year, many people have had to change their lifestyle because of Covid-19.
That’s why people have started focusing on new and innovative home solutions. Container houses began to gain popularity in many countries during this period due to their easy purchase and sustainability.
There are more than 14 million out-of-service shipping containers in the world. Some of these are currently used to build housing, apartment complexes, student housing, shopping malls. According to a market report prepared by the Business Research Company, the United States dominates the container market with about 40% market share, followed by Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America and South Africa.
Container houses can be built in two ways. Fixed or mobile. Each country has its own construction and zoning standards, which can sometimes be very complex. Regulations may include the type of structure to be used, the requirements for square feet, the minimum insulation materials required, and the steel frame requirements required if you are building a second floor. These houses can be built on your land or in a factory and transferred to the land.
Image credits: Jake Richards
The cost of container homes ranges from $ 25,000 to $ 300,000. You can also exceed the $ 300,000 level depending on the materials you use and the size of the house. Overall the cost per square foot is significantly lower than for traditional architecture.
Market Watch in Australia predicts that container houses will have a global compound annual growth rate of more than 6.5% over the next 5 years.
Stay tuned to Feeta Blog to learn more about architecture, Lifestyle and Interior Design.