Guide for Obtaining a Domicile
Obtaining a Domicile, The domicile certificate was introduced in 1951 to register Pakistani citizens, according to the Daily Express, a Karachi-based daily (26 Apr. 2012). A domicile certification is issued for admission to state colleges (Academic 5 Dec. 2012; The Express Tribune 26 Apr. 2012), school systems universities (Academic 5 Dec. 2012), and government jobs, according to authorities (The Express Tribune 26 Apr. 2012). A residence certificate also is necessary for admittance to higher education institutions, according to other sources BBC 7 June 2012; University of Engineering and Technology 2012.
Federal Government could grant a certificate of domicile to every authority in connection with whom it is satisfied that he may have ordinarily resided in Pakistan for a period of just not less than one year leading up to the making of the application but has acquired a domicile within it onto an application being made to it in the specified format and containing the read the instructions. (Section 17 of Pakistan’s 1951 Constitution).
Obtaining a Certificate of Domicile (Certificate of Residence)
A certificate of residence can indeed be granted by the federal or provincial government, or any district magistrate authorized by the provincial government, as per the Pakistan Citizenship Rules, 1952. Pakistan 1952, Sec. 23. So according to Pakistan’s Citizenship Rules.
- An application for a certificate of domicile should be made in duplicate in Form P, and must be preceded by an affidavit affirming the truth of the statements made in it, and that the applicant still hadn’t migrated to India after March 1, 1947, or even that, having done as such, had brought back to Pakistan under a permit for relocation or permanent return issuance via an officer auth.
- Any authority with whom an application is viewed has the right to require whatever evidence it deems essential to fulfill itself that the facts presented in the application are accurate and also that the applicant has also been continuously citizen in Pakistan for at least yet another year and intends to live there permanently in Pakistan.
According to sources, when applying for a job
According to sources, an applicant needs to provide the following information when applying for a certificate of domicile, his or her name; parent’s name; place of residence in Pakistan; previous address from outside Pakistan; date of arrival at the place of domicile; marital status; the name of spouse; names of children and one’s ages; barter or occupation; and identifying marks. The above information is included in a certificate of domicile obtained from the police website in the town of Jhelum in Punjab Province, and also the individual’s portrait in the lower right-hand corner of the certificate.
What is a Domicile Certificate?
In general, a state government issues a domicile certificate or a residence certificate to verify that now the individual who possesses the certificate is a resident of the state or union territory stated on the document. A woman who was not born in a Union territory but is married to a man who is a legal citizen of that State or Union Territory or is qualified for a State’s or Union Territory’s Domicile Certificate also is able to qualify for one.
A domicile certificate is a certificate that allows people to obtain numerous benefits such as education, employment, as well as other benefits. Resident Quotas inside the Public Service and educational institutions, and also jobs where area residents are preferred.
How to apply for a domicile in Islamabad?
Per the official government website of the Islamabad Capital Territory, anybody who has lived in Islamabad for a year or longer is able to qualify for an Islamabad domicile. Unless they already hold a domicile from some other city, they must have the existing document annulled while applying for just a fresh one. The following is a list of documents needed to obtain a Certificate of Domicile in Islamabad.
Applicants above the age of 21 should submit the following information
- Proof of profession or trade
- two pictures (passport size)
- A photocopy of the applicant’s CNIC is required.
- A copy of a father’s or husband’s CNIC is necessary.
- one rental agreement from the beginning (electricity, gas, or telephone)
- A copy of proof of address in Islamabad, such as a lease agreement or an allotment letter
- If you do have children, a copy of Form-B is needed.
- In the case of government workers, a letter of permission from the department is required.
- a photocopy of your SSC or matriculation certificates
- A copy of a Marriage Registration Certificate in the case of married people.
- A NOC from the native district is required if you have a dual address on your CNIC.
Applicants under the age of 21 must complete the following steps
- 2 photos of passport size
- A photocopy of the applicant’s CNIC or Along card is required.
- A copy of the mother’s or father’s CNIC is necessary.
- 1 copy of a parent(s)’ Domicile Certificate, upon which the applicant’s name appears
- A photocopy of your SSC or Matric certificate, as well as evidence of your trade or occupation
The Application Process For Domicile In Islamabad
The following is a step-by-step guide to applying for Domicile in the capital city.
- Send a PKR 200 challan to the National Bank of Pakistan’s F-8 Markaz branch or the State Bank of Pakistan’s C-03806 District Magistrate Islamabad account.
- Bring your challan receipt, application form for domicile document, as well as other necessary documents to a Citizen Facilitation Centre in Islamabad.
- Wait for your round by taking a token from the counter.
- Pay the processing fee of PKR 500 at the desk whenever you come in for data entry.
- Your e-receipt will be emailed to you.
- Pick up your Domicile Certificate at the Citizen Facilitation Centre mostly on an e-receipt date.
It is important to mention that when applying for a Domicile in Islamabad, the applicant must appear in person with his or her authentic documentation.
The following are the contact details for the Citizen Facilitation Centre in Islamabad
- Address: G-11/4, Islamabad, ICT Administration Complex
- Phone: 051-9108194
- Submission Timings: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday | 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday
- Delivery Timings: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday | 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Friday
- Processing Time: 7 days
- Total Fee: (Challan + Processing Fee) PKR 700
How To Apply For Domicile In Lahore?
Those interested in obtaining a Domicile in Lahore should go to the provincial government’s e-Khidmat Markaz.
Documents Required In Lahore For A Domicile Certificate
Let’s have a look just at the documents required to achieve a Lahore Domicile.
- Forms P and P1, duly completed and signed by the applicant
- The affidavit submitted by the applicant and certified by Oath Commissioner on PKR 50 stamp paper (Optional)
- Two passport-size photos with such a white backdrop are needed.
- CNIC or B-form documentation of the applicant
- Bank receipt with such a copy of the father’s or husband’s CNIC AC Verification Form, that might or might not be certified.
- At least one of the Entitlement Documents listed below will be required.
- Documents proving ownership of property Fard, ownership paperwork, or a housing registry, for instance.
- Electricity, gas, and phone bills
- Certification of residency (rental agreement)
- Documents Academic Disciplines (Matriculation or above certificate)
- The applicant’s vote is registered on the voter list of the UC.
The Domicile Application Process In Lahore
- Have a challan form from the e-Khidmat Markaz or the nearest National Bank of Pakistan branch.
- Pay the PKR 200 challan
- Collect the required Domicile request form from e-Khidmat Markaz. You can also obtain it ahead of schedule from the e-Khidmat Markaz official government site.
- Fill out all the Domicile Application Forms and link them with your other documents.
- Once you’ve appropriately diagnosed your documents and applicant, you’ll send an automated.
- Enter your tracking ID on the e-Khidmat Markaz website to track your application. You could also use their SMS Gateway by sending your application ID to 9100, calling their toll-free line, or installing their mobile app.
- Get your Certificate of Domicile (Certificate of Residence).
To apply for just a Domicile in Lahore, the applicant has to go to the center in person.
The following is the list of the e-Khidmat Markaz in Lahore.
- Lower Mall, Anarkali, Lahore; Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (Town Hall), Jinnah Hall (T
- 042-99214572 is the phone number to call.
- 0800-09100 is a toll-free number.
- Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lunch Break: 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on all days except Friday | 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Friday
- PKR 200 (total fee)
- 16-day processing time
In Karachi, the procedure for obtaining a domicile and a PRC is as follows:
But if you’re a Karachi resident who requires a domicile and PRC (Permanent Residential Certificate) for educational or employment purposes, deliver the following documents to the Deputy Director’s Office in your district.
Karachi’s Domicile and PRC Requirements
- Unattested five (5x) pictures (passport size)
- CNIC (original and copy) – Attested (for those under the age of 18 years, submit a copy of Form -B).
- Verified copies of all academic transcripts back to the modern year
- Applicants under the age of 21 must provide copies of their CNIC and their father’s address.
- In the case of the government employee, a copy of their employment certificate which has been attested is required.
- Attested proof of residence (electric or gas bill, if on rent copy of rent agreement)
- For married males or females, a copy of their spouse’s CNIC, copies of their children’s identity documents, or Form B – Attested
In Karachi, how to go with Domicile and PRC
- At National Bank, D.C. Office Branch, pay a charge challan of Rs. 200/-.
- Place just one stamp on every copy.
- Before submitting applications for domicile, have it attested by an Oath Commissioner?
- If necessary, the head of the department can demand anyone else document as proof.
- Domicile and PRC Instructions in Karachi
- You must bring your original documents and a set of photocopies with you.
- Domicile business hours are 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- In the case of applying for domicile and PRC, the applicant’s CNIC must have an address in the same Karachi district.
Stay tuned to Feeta Blog to learn more about architecture, Lifestyle and Interior Design.
Lithuania And Poland Built A ‘Portal’ Connecting Two Of Their Cities And People Are Loving It
Society is evolving and we have gone a long way from slavery and women not being able to vote. But we still have room for improvement: stop discriminating against different people, accepting people who think, dress, speak differently than we do.
Separation between people is a problem as old as the world, but it needs modern solutions. The internet is now everywhere in a “portal” open in two European cities, Vilnius and Lublin, which was built just to shorten the distance between us and them. Not only is the meaning behind this project amazing, but it also looks so cool and futuristic.
The city of Vilnius in Lithuania and the city of Lublin in Poland are now linked by a portal in which they can see each other.
The portal has a circular shape that symbolizes the wheel of time, and in science fiction, it represents space and time that link back to the circle as a portal. This virtual bridge between the capital of Lithuania, Vilnius, and one of the oldest Polish cities, Lublin, is the first of its kind. In Vilnius, the portal can be found next to Vilnius railway station. Meanwhile, in Lublin, he resides on Plac Litewski.
These 2 cities have a historical connection, as the Lublin Union was signed on 1 July 1569 between Poland and Lithuania in that same city. This union created a single state, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, one of the largest countries in Europe at the time. Bored Panda contacted the PORTAL team and asked if this was planned. Apparently, it was an unexpected coincidence. They contacted various cities abroad that would collaborate for this project and the circumstances lead to that city being Lublin. It is truly symbolic that these two cities are spreading the message behind the project, which must be unified and not separated.
This circle with a screen that looks like a portal to another dimension actually allows you to see people in the other city and wave at them
The ‘portals’ both have screens and cameras to broadcast the other city live. The view you see on the screen is similar to what astronauts see looking at the world below.
It’s called a “surveillance effect” and astronauts experience it when they see Earth in space, so little, so delicately in this big world.
Hazzaa Ali Almansoori, the first person from the United Arab Emirates in space, said “It’s amazing how space brings everyone together. No matter what country you come from, no matter what your religion or background, it unites everyone … Our goal is one: it is for humanity. ”
The portal is now silent as it would be technically difficult to have a sound 24/7, however, it is possible and for special events, it will be done.
Despite this, the creators of the project believe that people will find a way to communicate. They’ve noticed people waving, sending kisses or doing push-ups, so they’re still involved.
The team told us that “it seems that with physical measures like the PORTAL the internal psychological barriers disappear and people enthusiastically participate in the activity in front of the portal and are friendly to each other. Most of them do not need encouragement and access the portal with curiosity or maybe they just crave a human relationship during this pandemic. ”They think that starting a conversation with complete strangers only on the street would present difficulties and it seems that the portal makes people more relaxed.
The message behind the PORTAL project is to make people forget about the separation between us and them and just see our planet united
The main goal of the project is to connect people. On the official website, they say “Surrounding ourselves only with those who are close and speak the same language gives us comfort and a sense of stability. It also limits the worldview to our narrow inner circle. Slowly it becomes a perfect space for awakening insecurities to outsiders and a perfect excuse to be careless about the world that belongs to them. Every day there is less room for dialogue, empathy and compassion to feel and be united in our home – a tiny spaceship Earth rapidly decaying because of too many of them and too few of us. It’s so easy to believe we’re all a wave and forget we’re an ocean too. Let’s transcend this sense of separation and be pioneers of unity. ”
It almost seems like we welcome aliens to Earth, but sometimes we treat humans as if they’re not from this planet and don’t deserve to be here. The person behind the idea, Benedict Gylys, says many of the potentially deadly challenges humanity faces, such as polarization and climate change, have been caused by a lack of understanding of others and of the world at large. So the PORTER must unite people and it is an invitation to rise above the illusion of division that we ourselves have created.
Although it is not a portal that we see in movies or read in books, it is nevertheless the closest to teleportation and it is so cool that you can only communicate with random people on the street who are hundreds of miles away.
It caught the attention of Redditors like the post about it got 140k votes in less than a day. People joked about Stargate and that if you go through it, you will end up in Poland. It seems that people liked this idea, but others shared that something similar happened where they live, but it didn’t last long as people started abusing the portal.
The project had its challenges, “First, it was a challenge to draft a project for the PORTFOLIO, which is minimal and simple, but able to fit all the complex electronics inside and prevent vandalism and negative environmental impact.” Then the project had to be carried out and after many tests, it was chosen to use “concrete, stainless steel and tempered glass to build these 11 tons wide two meters by two meters.”
It all came true because the people at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University Creative and Innovation Center “LinkMenų manufactures” were crazy enough to believe in the idea and were able to realize it.
The brain behind the project is Benedict Gylys and it took 5 years to realize the idea
The project was completed during a pandemic, when travel within the borders may have restrictions, so travel to other countries is hardly disputed. The creators of Vilnius Technique have been working on the portal for 5 years and now was the best time to introduce it publicly when everyone is so isolated and eager to taste something new a bit.
There are plans to open more of these portals in various cities in the world and connect even more people
The portal between Vilnius and Lublin was the first in the world, but it will not be the last. The creators of the project hope to connect dozens of cities around the world and two new ones are expected to open soon: one in Reykjavik, Iceland and another in London, United Kingdom.
The team revealed that Reykjavik was chosen because of the very important historical story that links it to Lithuania: Iceland was the first to recognize Lithuania’s independence in 1991 and Lithuanians appreciate it and want to continue the partnership between the countries. Also, Reykjavik contrasts perfectly with Vilnius.
London is important to them as they begin a friendship with another international initiative.
Image credits: Benedict Gylys Foundation
Now Vilnius is linked to Lublin and will last until August. Then it will move to another city. The project creators think that maybe in the future the portals will change cities every 10 minutes more or less because they are open to anyone who would like to join.
Although the cities will have a limited connection time, the project has no time limit, “the project will continue until the destruction of the planet or the end of the problems that cause the separation between people.”
What do you think of this idea? Would you like to see such a ‘portal’ in your city? Let us know your thoughts on this project in the comments.
More than 2k people shared their reactions to this “portal” on Reddit and most of them thought it was a cool idea.
Meanwhile, if you want to read more such exciting lifestyle guides and informative property updates, stay tuned to Feeta Blog — Pakistan’s best real estate blog.